The present Falstaff Brewery was conceived by Messrs. Parkes following the purchase of the property adjacent to the Falstaff Freehouse. This property consisted of a house with a number of industrial outbuildings.
During the summer of 1999 the original 1903 workshops were restored and adapted into a brew-house.
The equipment, much of which came from the Bevvied Bull Brewery, was delivered and installed during the autumn. The brewery ceased brewing in 2001 after a number of problems and lay dormant.
In July 2003, the brewery was leased by Jim and Steph who then began the complex task of resurrecting it.
The first brew took place on 2nd of December with brewer Dave Corby, A warming copper coloured ale with a complex flavour and a sweet edge called Phoenix at 4.7% was launched in the Falstaff on December 12th to a rousing reception.
24 Society Place
Phone 01332 342902
Mobile 07957 417174