The ‘mill’ started life in 1914 as an electricity generator for the new airfield, using waterpower from the River Avon.
The power from the river never managed to generate electricity to the extent needed at the local airfield, hence diesel generators were installed to run the turbines. As this proved not to be cost effective, the power station was soon closed down. The years in between power station and brewery the building was put into many different uses.
Stonehenge Ales Ltd
The Old Mill
Phone 01980 670631
Fax 01980 671187