Strangford Lough Brewing Company’s Head Quarters is located in Killyleagh, County Down, on the shores of the breathtakingly beautiful Strangford Lough. The company was founded in 2004 by Tony Davies and Bob Little, two marketing and business development professionals whose vision was to be “the second most recognisable Irish beer brand in the world”.
Our ranges of Irish beers are all named after historical characters associated with this part of Ireland such as Saint Patrick and Magnus Barelegs, the Viking King buried on the Downpatrick marshes in County Down. Magnus Barelegs has two beers named after him – Barelegs Brew and Legbiter, the name of his sword. Three beers are named in honour of Saint Patrick – St Patrick’s Gold, St Patrick’s Best and St Patrick’s Ale – probably the most famous character in Irish history, who is buried at the Down Cathedral in Downpatrick, County Down.
In addition to having Irish names our beers are also based on traditional Irish recipes. This further honours our local tradition. Our aim is to make beers that give enjoyment in appearance, bouquet and taste and by so doing giving you a little
Strangford Lough Brewing Co
22 Shore Road
Phone 028 4482 1461
Fax 028 4482 1273